About our company
Company:Kent Wildlife Trust Job Opportunity
JOB OPPORTUNITY – Communications Assistant
Permanent, Full Time post based at Tyland Barn, Maidstone
Closing Date: Monday 17th June 2019
Interview Date: Monday 24th June 2019
Salary Range: Up to £16,009.50 DOE
Are you a marketing and communications genius? Do you thrive on a varied work load that encourages you to apply your skills and expertise to generate top quality communications content? Do you understand social media, have a journalistic eye and an appreciation for a variety of creative media? Are you passionate about a healthy future for our local wildlife?
The Communications Team of Kent Wildlife Trust is excited to offer a new opportunity for a budding media or marketing professional to take up the role of Communications Assistant.
This is a varied role with scope for autonomy and creativity. The role will be supported by the Communications Manager to use a number of channels to build and engage new audiences; ;to raise our profile and keep our excellent work in the local limelight; and to improve and support income generation across the organisation.
Some of your key responsibilities as Communications Assistant will be to:
- Work with the Communications Manager to create and deliver communications & marketing materials.
- Manage and support the development of Kent Wildlife Trust’s social media channels.
- Support the management, creation and delivery of our supporter emails.
- Support the creation and delivery of some printed literature.
- Monitor and analyse our communications and report on performance.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Developing and delivering communications materials.
- Editing or a high standard of copy writing in print and digital content.
- Working with brand guidelines and managing them to good effect
As well as:
- A passion for environmental and conservation issues
- Dynamic and imaginative approach to communications
- An ability to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely – both in writing and face-to-face
- Ability to build purposeful relationships both in person and online
- A team player, able to work with various departments to coordinate activities.
- Self-motivation with a proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Highly efficient administration and excellent IT skills
Kent Wildlife Trust is the leading wildlife charity for Kent and Medway, supported by its members and staffed by committed professionals. Nature is in trouble and it needs our help. Kent Wildlife Trust has a plan to aid nature’s recovery and we encourage people to join us to make a difference.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Victoria Hill on 01622 357831
To download the application pack please visit our website: www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk
Kent Wildlife Trust has a positive approach to equality and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Categories: Maidstone, Employment Opportunities